Sunday 27 April 2014

HAWMC Day27

Book Report. What’s your favorite book and how can you tie to your health
or life?

Hello, night owls and early birds.

I don't do book reports, cause I can never choose a favourite book.

But I can pick a book I really like and totally relate to it.

The Green Mile by Stephen King

I know strange choice but not really, ya I am a white guy, where John Coffey was black but his character suits me perfectly.

No I have never been to jail, but at times I feel my body is locked down with being tired and worry so brutal I do feel like I am in my own personal cell.

Now he was accused of murder when in fact he tried to help, but based on the colour of his skin and his large size he was falsely charged. But in actual fact he had the heart of of a mountain. Was able to heal but pay a price for doing so. I was in the health care field but the shifts and the constant grind agitated surface health issues into full blow problems. All I wanted to do for the longest time was help people and instead was the person that needs the help.

Also I am a bigger man so I have felt many times misjudged for who I am based on appearance. I was bullied and oppressed when I was younger by the kids and an education system that just did not understand.

Many times it showed he was misunderstood, show a unfaltering kindness for nature and for those in pain. Something I have always been, wanting to end the suffering of others. I have a deep personal connection with the natural world I visit and immerse myself with as much as possible. His connection even though with a mouse was a very powerful one.

The book had a sense of justice about it as well, you will get what is coming to you feel. Based on actions taken and words said both negative and positive.

And even though things did not come to good ends in the story, I have fought many years to get some happiness back into my life. To reclaim what I have lost and to define who I am as a person.

I am also not an angry man but am full of passion and emotion.

In recent years though things have been getting better though not perfect but not worse at least. I am trying my best to keep myself functioning as well as possible. And more days than not I am happy.

To the spirit of those like the character of John Coffee I want to know you are not alone and we all have a lot to learn from quick judgement, and assumption of others. Peace to you :)

that is all I have for tonight, Sandman out.

No comments:

Post a Comment