Monday 21 April 2014

HAWMC Day 21

Reflection. This is a day to reflect. For the WEGO Health family, we reflect on
those who lost loved ones in the Boston Marathon Bombing last year and
hope for a bright future for those impacted. Reflect on your journey to this
day, what are your thoughts and hopes for the future?

Hello, it is too early to be up and not enough pick me up and get going peeps.

Reflection on a senseless act of violence hurting and killing for no reason.

My heart goes out to the families affected by the bombings last year.

I think today I will use a poem I wrote that went to last years Narcolepsy international conference for and art display for Narcolepsy awareness. The theme was Dreams, this was my offering that was picked to go.

Dreams

I have a Dream to have good days again,
To pick myself back up when I fall again,
To realise the strong friends I have,
Know a hand up is not a hand out,
Courage in the face of all fear,
Live not in hell but in peace again,
For people around me to understand me,
To continue to fight for the best life,
To shake the hand of Harmony,
To dance forever with Balance,
Play games with Justice, smiling,
Tell Regret to pass me by not wanted,
Love to give me a fair chance again,
Make unpopular choices and come out on top,
Dreams are possible cause it is yours,
No one can take it away cause you own it,
Live the dream if it fits your life,
Love the love you feel is right,
Remember all of those who did you wrong,
Walk away and always be strong,
I Have Dream, it is yours to pass along,

I think that is a good one, I look back on it often. Dreams and goals are something no one can take away from you cause it is yours to create and to fulfill.

It hit directly on how chronic illness can steal parts of your life you wish you could have but accept that your cards are always on the table and you need to create the best hand possible in an often uncertain and murky path through life. 

I have done well, I won't say it has been fun. But my victoires out weigh my losses. 

It has taken me years to regain the happiness that was stolen from me many years ago but I has it back and I am making the needed adjustments to keep it that way for many years to come.

Anywho that is pretty deep for a Monday lol

Sandman is leaving the building peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment